Posts tagged ‘HR’
Some thoughts from our founder, Paul Hannam, on why people are so intrigued and inspired by the idea of a green job.
Here is an interesting article about CSR and HR and how the two work together. Some of the key extracts:
- If there is something that is guaranteed to make businesses sit up and listen it is competitive advantage. Human Resources agrees that CSR practice adds value to busines.
- So why is corporate responsibility important for HR? When asked to rank the top three benefits of CSR in the workplace, the most votes overall went to helping to retain staff, followed by the ability to attract the best talent and helping increase motivation and engagement. But when asked to rank the single most important benefit, 57% of you said creating a strong organisational culture is the most important aspect of CSR.
- Research from resourcing communications agency TCS finds that 44% of employees say an organisation’s CSR policy is likely or very likely to affect their decision to apply for a job within that organisation.
- According to a survey by BPRI and BMRB last year, 44% of the public and 66% of MPs think the motivation behind CSR is enhancing image, rather than contributing to the community or motivating employees.
- Nearly 30% of people would compromise their salary to work for a company with a good CSR policy.
- Business executives, NGOs and policymakers believe that CSR will become a core business strategy in the next five years. A survey released at the Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) annual conference in San Francisco found that 82% of 330 business leaders polled at the event were optimistic that this would be the case.